Wednesday, March 3, 2010

When Your Slab Fails You: Redux

Dear Cheapskate,

This morning, early, well before the hour when the sun attempts to peek through the fog and well before the hour when I usually wake, I drove to the Greyhound station to pick up my son.
Made it to the Greyhound station.
Plus one block.

Long story short: I am now walking the walk. I no longer possess an automobile. It's all walking or bike riding for me. I have sometimes been self-righteous and hypocritical, bragging about how little I use my car and how we should all do away with cars for the sake of the planet while still using a car.

"Ha!" you say. "Let's see how you like really not having a car, smartypants!"

Yes, we shall see.

I'll save at least $100 a month on car expenses, plus I'll save because it'll be difficult to buy stuff. If it's raining or dark, for example, I will be disinclined to walk or cycle  to the store and thus I will not part with my precious money. If I'm hungry enough, I'll go, or I'll finally eat that old stuff in the freezer.

1 comment:

  1. It seems like you are having an unusually tough week - just want to make sure you are really feeling as lighthearted as this sounds. How is your knee? Feel free to email me at frugalhostess@gmail.com if you want to vent - I'm right there with you this week!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Tell me what you think!