I love popcorn.
I don't love:
- The mess and the colories making popcorn the old fashioned (yet delicious) way - in a pot of oil on the stove.
- Paying the big bucks for bags of microwave popcorn.
- The fuss and noise of an air popper.
What to do??? Don't eat popcorn, right?
Cheapskate, I have made the discovery of the CENTURY!!!! I can't believe I didn't figure this out sooner!
You can microwave regular old popcorn for mere pennies!!!!
1) Buy a bag of regular popcorn - the bag with just the kernels, nothing special. It's cheap.
2) Put some kernels into a Tupperware-type container.
3) Place the lid loosely on top. IMPORTANT: Do not seal the lid on or it will explode. The idea is to contain the popcorn while allowing air to escape.
4) Place in the microwave and look and listen for it to be done. CAUTION: Steam is very hot.
5) Voila!!!! Incredilbly cheap and easy popcorn!!!! No bags, no oil, no popcorn popper, no muss, no fuss.
6) Add toppings if desired.
7) Experiment with how much to put in the container and how long to pop. (I put 1/4 cup kernels into the 1 quart container - it doesn't take much.)
Microwave bag: 50 cents
Microwave kernels: 5 cents
300 bags per year
SAVINGS: $135 per year!!!!!